Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ming's Restaurant in Chinatown DC


After an afternoon of checking out all the major and historical sites and sounds Washington D.C. has to offer, a group of my friends and I decided to grab dinner at Chinatown. After a few minutes of strolling down the streets and checking out all the menus, we decided to give Ming’s Restaurant a try. Ming’s is a very nice restaurant with modern décor and a warm and cozy atmosphere. The menu was very extensive and included so unusual dishes such jelly fish and duck feet. For some reason, I had the urge to try something exotic and unique, but I decided to stick with an old school dish that I knew would always be good, orange chicken. The orange chicken had a crispy and spicy outside, but a warm and tender inside, both of which made this dish so delicious. It tasted a lot more authentic than the fare you would get from like Panda Express or some other mainstream/franchised Chinese restaurant. Other people in my group got beef and broccoli, kung pao chicken, and chicken and broccoli.  We all tried each other’s dishes and they were all surprisingly very good. In terms of service, our waitress was on the ball and she made sure to keep our glasses full throughout the dinner. So overall, Ming’s was a surprisingly delicious Chinese restaurant that I will definitely go back to whenever I’m in Chinatown again. The prices were very affordable and the food was plentiful and delicious.

College Kid Budget: $$

Ming's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment