Thursday, October 27, 2011

Georgetown Cupcake

There's not really much I can say about Georgetown Cupcake except the fact that I truly love this place. After hearing all the hype about how amazing these cupcakes were, I decided to take a trip to this famous "cupcakery." And I must say that I was very impressed! The prices were a little steep for the size of cupcakes you were getting, but it was well worth. These cupcakes were small but they were just jam packed with huge flavor. The cupcakes were aesthetically pleasing and flavor choices were extensive and unique.  My personal favorites are the Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. The cupcakes were moist and the icing was light and sweet.  The bakery itself is pretty small and the interior is very bright, white, and modern. This really is a grab-and-go kind of place since it's pretty crowded and packed.

Now the biggest concern and complaint that I hear about this place are the lines on the weekends. As a result, I would suggest that you come to Georgetown Cupcake during the week. For example, I went on Friday evening and the lines was about 10 people deep...not bad at all!  Oh yeah, one more thing, be sure to come with about $15-30 because the prices are pretty steep, especially for cupcakes ($15 for a half dozen, and $29 for a dozen...or you can pay $2.75 for one). But other than that, Georgetown Cupcake is a fantastic cupcake place that everyone should definitely experience at least once. Give it a try, you won't regret it!

College Kid Budget: $-$$


Georgetown Cupcake on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment