Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heavenly Hushpuppies


Last month, I took a trip down to South Carolina to see my family for Christmas. During one of the days, we decided to try a local seafood restaurant called Gilligan’s Steamer and Raw Bar. Now the food here was okay and nothing really special.  You can honestly go to a local Long John Silver’s and get the same meal for a lot cheaper. However, there was one thing that I truly fell in love with- their hushpuppies. These warm hushpuppies were crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside.


The hushpuppies begin with a sweet and salty taste, then ends with a small spicy kick. They were perfect.  And lucky for me, they actually sold the batter and mix at their store so I just had to get it. 

It’s been a while now since I got the mix and I really wanted to make them sooner. But lucky for you, I finally did it and they turned out delicious. Below, you’ll find out how to make these puppies as well as where to buy them.

What you’ll need:

1 box of hushpuppies mix
8 ½ ounces of sweet cream corn
2 teaspoons of water

The oh so famous hushpuppies mix

8.5 ounces of sweet corn cream

2 teaspoons of water

1. Dump mix into bowl

2. Add corn and water, then stir. Then place in fridge to set for 30 minutes

3. Place clumps of hushpuppies batter into oil at 350 degrees.

4. Cook until golden brown

5. Admire the deliciousness


6. Last but not least, enjoy!







I hope you guys enjoyed this and possibly even try it out for yourself. To buy this awesome hushpuppies mix, just click HERE. Enjoy!



Gilligan's Steamer & Raw Bar Mc on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first love is Jesus…then my wife of 45 years…then cooking. I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I am now a follower of yours. Feel free to look over my blog and become a follower of my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S....following you on Twitter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @covnitkepr1

    Thanks for the follow and I will definitely love to check out and follow your blog

    ReplyDelete