Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Meat Lover's Paradise

Last night I took a trip to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor to check out a Brazilian restaurant called Fogo de Chao. After much hype and the huge build up from a few friends, I wanted to check it out myself. Now I must say, once I walked into the restaurant, sat down, and immediately tried some of their fresh cooked meats, I was truly blown away.

Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian restaurant that is in all you can eat format. The unique thing about it however, is that instead of you personally going out to a food station to grab your meal, servers come to you with skewers of fresh meat and cut some on a plate for you. A nice touch to this dining experience is that the servers actually have varying meat preparations. What I mean by this is that if you prefer you beef medium rare, the servers will personally go into the kitchen and bring you your meat cooked medium rare. This was very helpful, mostly because I prefer my meat medium well. Fogo de Chao also features a very impressive salad bar. With a vast selection of fresh vegetables and foreign cheeses, the salad bar will provide you with a nice alternative to the typical carnivorous fare. Overall, this restaurant resembles a five star restaurant in terms of food and service, but the fact that it’s a little more chaotic and noisy than you would expect from a fine dining establish, the restaurant seems more like an non-intimate upscale buffet.
 
 My overall experience at Fogo de Chao was very nice. The servers were attentive and the quantity and variety of meat that they brought out to you was very extensive. My personal favorite was the sausage and the filet mignon wrapped in bacon. In all honestly, almost every meat (except this pepper steak) that they brought to me was delicious.  So if you’re looking for an unlimited amount of delicious meats, fresh vegetables, foreign cheeses, and Brazilian drinks, all in a very casual yet somehow still affluent settomg, Fogo de Chao is your restaurant of choice.

College Kid Budget: $$$

Fogo de Chao on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to see you on the blog soon!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for an excellent weblog !! I discovered some useful information and will suggest your blog for all my buddies.
    rumah dijual | properti semarang | perlengkapan bayi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Thanks for the support as well!

      Delete