Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Taste of the Hawaiian Islands in Baltimore

Roy’s is one of Baltimore’s best hidden secrets. From the intimate and dim setting, to the excellent service and fresh menu, the Hawaiian themed restaurant never seems to disappoint.   I’ve personally made Roy’s my location of choice whenever celebrating my birthday. Not because of the very nice location, or the great service, or the delectable entrées, but primarily for their signature dessert. Let me tell you that this dessert is like something I have yet to experience elsewhere. Roy’s special dessert is a pineapple upside cake, baked to order, with coconut ice cream, fresh strawberries, and a palm tree shaped cookie. I love it!

The food at Roy’s is the highlight of this restaurant. The menu features a unique cuisine based on a Hawaiian and Asian fusion of food’s to recreate island favorites enjoyed by many. The glazed ribs are probably the most popular item at ribs, and I see how. Tender, fall off the bone ribs, accompanied by jasmine rice, is a fantastic combination for the meat lovers. Now whenever I go to Roy’s I choose not to get an entrée but instead get the canoe appetizer which features szechuan pork ribs, blackened ahi, sesame shrimp, spicy tempura tuna roll and lobster pot stickers. With so much variety to choose from, I just can’t not get this meal whenever I go to Roy’s.  Other menu highlights include, fresh sushi, Hawaiian fish, surf and turf meals, and fantastic meat entrées with an Asian inspired flare.

The overall atmosphere of Roy’s is very dim, highlighted by warm yellows and bamboo accents, all accompanied by subtle island music. There are two sections to sit at- the kitchen room and the dining room. If you are looking for a nice, quiet meal, then I recommend that you sit in the dining room. However, if you’re looking to emerged in all the action of an open kitchen, then I recommend that you sit in the kitchen are. Either way, you will have a great time.

Roy’s is a very nice restaurant, despite the premium prices, that allows guest to experience a little bit of the Hawaiian islands, all in the convenient location outside Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.

College Kid Budget: $$$

Roy's Hawaiian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment